You should be able to find instructions in the lid of your DNA kit box. If you can’t find them there, don’t worry! They’re repeated in the picture below:
And if the picture isn’t showing up, just follow these steps:
- Register the barcode on your account.
- Rinse your mouth with water and wait for 10 minutes.
- Spit into the collection tube until you have 2ml of saliva (excluding bubbles).
- Tear off the tip of the orange preservative ampoule and pour the contents into the tube on top of your saliva.
- Screw the cap onto the tube, check it’s firmly in place, and give the tube a shake for 10 seconds to mix the saliva and the preservative.