DNA is extracted from the cells preserved in your saliva. This DNA is then copied many times, in a process called ‘amplification’. The tiny amount extracted from your saliva therefore grows into a sample size big enough to be sequenced and genotyped.
Articles in this section
- Have you received my sample?
- Do my results come with an explanation and recommendations?
- What happens if my sample fails to yield sufficient DNA?
- I’m having trouble collecting my sample
- When should I take the test?
- How do I provide a saliva sample?
- How do I return my saliva sample?
- Does the kit expire?
- Why haven’t I received my results yet?
- What DNA testing techniques do you use?